- Silver Medal Winner at the "Global Music Awards" of California (USA) - 2019
- Silver Medal Winner at the "Global Music Awards" of California (USA) - 2018
- 2nd Prize in the III National Contest of Composition of Processional Marches "Villarrubia de los Ojos 2018" (Ciudad Real) - 2018
- Bronze Medal at the "Global Music Awards" of California (USA) - 2016
- Winner of the National Pasodobles Contest "Junta Festera de Calles" of Almansa (Albacete) - 2015
- Silver Medal Winner at the "Global Music Awards" of California (USA) - 2014
- 3rd Prize in the V National Contest of Composition of Processional Marches "Villa de San Pedro del Pinatar" (Murcia) - 2014
- 3rd Prize in the 1st International Composition Contest for Youth Wind Band "Música Jove" of Benimaclet (Valencia) - 2014
- 2nd Prize of the XVI National Composition Contest "Villa de Benidorm" (Alicante) - 2010
- Winner of the National Pasodobles Contest of the "Agrupación de Comparsas de Moros y Cristianos" of Almansa (Albacete) - 2008
Guillermo Ruano is an award-winning Spanish composer. He started playing the piano and the percussion at Almansa Professional Music Conservatory and then he studied composition at Murcia High Music Conservatory. He followed conducting courses and got his Master of Music in Scoring for Film, TV and Video Games from Berklee College of Music. He is also a member of the SGAE (Spanish Society of Authors and Publishers).
Ruano has composed more than fifty pieces of music for concert, media and theatre plays.
His compositions have been awarded at national and international competitions such as the Global Music Awards of California where Ruano became the silver and bronze medal winner in 2014, 2016 and 2018 respectively.
His works have been premiered and performed in Spain, Portugal, Italy, England, Belgium and the United States. His music has been played at different venues such as concert halls, “Air Studios” in London, "Palau de la Música" and "Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía" in Valencia and "Auditorio de la Diputación" in Alicante. Ruano has also worked with a variety of groups such as "Sociedad Musical" from Alzira, "Sociedad Ateneo Musical" from Cullera, Municipal Symphonic Bands from Bilbao and Alicante, the Budapest Art Orchestra, Clarinet Quartet Vert, musicians from the London Symphony Orchestra and the “Kammerensemble Classic der Deutschen Oper Berlin” among others.